The Hudson Sidekicks Booster Club is a non-profit organization formed for the purpose of promoting interest in soccer at the high school level and supporting the Hudson High School Boy’s and Girl’s Soccer Programs from grades 9-12.
The Sidekicks Booster Club will:
- Promote and publicize Hudson High School Soccer in the Hudson High School attendance area
- Encourage good sportsmanship and develop team unity
- Develop a sense of pride and tradition
- Provide support, financial and otherwise, to all levels of the Hudson High School Soccer Programs
Our History The Hudson Sidekicks Booster Club was formed in the spring of 2004 to support boys and girls high school soccer in Hudson. Typically over 120 high school students play soccer each year. Each year the club raises approximately $7500 to support the high school program. While the school district provides a certain level of funding to support the program, the Sidekicks Booster Club provides additional funding to enhance the boys and the girls programs. In the spring of 2007 the Club was incorporated as Hudson Sidekicks Booster Club as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Mission The core purpose is to raise funds to promote and support enhancements to the high school soccer program.
- The Booster Club offers inexpensive summer soccer training clinics to Hudson boys and girls as well as high school players. These clinics have been very successful attracting nearly 200 Hudson youth each of the last two summers. High School players serve as coaches for the youth clinics. While serving as a fund raising project for the Booster Club, the clinic also provides a leadership opportunity for the high school athletes and a fun learning atmosphere for participants.
- The Booster Club conducts additional fundraising activities as required to achieve the necessary funding goals.
- The Booster Club provides funding for the varsity and junior varsity teams. The funding may be used for equipment such as balls, training goals, goalie training or other coaching related expenses. Travel costs for tournaments and other non-conference games are typically subsidized or completely paid for by the club, as are coach buses for long-distance games.